WHAT ARE COOKIES? Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the user's terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site at the next visit by the same user. A cookie can not retrieve any other data from the user's hard disk nor transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term 'cookie' refers to both cookies, properly so-called, and to all similar technologies. Through cookies you can record information related to your preferences, such as browsing pages or downloading files from our site or other similar actions performed by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Cookies can be first or third party, where "first part" means cookies installed by the owner of the site, while "third party" means cookies installed by “others” respect the owner of the site.
NATURE OF COOKIES
With regard to the nature of cookies, there are several types.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of "transmitting a communication on an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or by the user to provide this service "(see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code). They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website.
They can be divided into:
- Navigation or Session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
- Analytics cookies, similar to Technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
- Functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided. For the installation of these cookies it is not required the prior consent of users (more information in the paragraph Cookie management below).
- Profiling cookies are designed to create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net. The consent of the interested party is required for the use of profiling cookies. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must be able to authorize or refuse consent to install profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and can not control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the "Manage cookies" section.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS WEB SITE
- Navigation cookie
- Analytics cookies
- Third-party cookie
- Profiling cookies.
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
• temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
• permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, in order to avoid the user having to type them again each time is visited a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close the browser.I c.d. session cookies, once the connection to this website is terminated, they are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use third-party cookies for analytical purposes that may remain persistent in the browser of the browser.
You can disable cookies on the site by downloading special software, such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com/en/try-us/download-add-on/) for your browser and disabling the use of individual Cookies. Or you can activate the "anonymous browsing" mode - it is a function that allows you to browse without leaving a trace in the browser of navigation data. This function only allows you not to keep browsing data in the browser. Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser. Here is the link to the configuration panels of some known browsers:
Chrome For more information visit the dedicated page (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en)
Mozilla Firefox For more information visit the dedicated page (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences)
Internet Explorer For more information visit the dedicated page (https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies)
Microsoft Edge For more information visit the dedicated page (https://privacy.microsoft.com/it-IT/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy)
Safari 6 For more information visit the dedicated page (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=it_IT)
IOS Safari (mobile devices) For more information visit the dedicated page (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265)
Opera For more information visit the dedicated page (http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/)